Author Interview: Gary Starta

Today we feature Gary Starta, author of the exciting science fiction story, Blood Web. “Can Diggs stop this biological internet from taking more victims, becoming a tool for mass mind control and resist the lure of its blood web?”.
Let Gary tell us his own personal story as author:




TBM: How do you imagine the ideal reader of your book?

GS: My ideal reader would be very receptive to new ideas, especially the science fiction theories I propose, and also appreciate the hints of mix genre.

TBM:  How was the writer inside of you born?

GS: I started reading books – massively – during the summer break between second and third grade and won an award for taking out most books out of local library. At this same time, I had a great interest in newspapers and later became a journalist. It wasn’t until the last ten years that I tried creative writing.

TBM:  What genres do you work with and why are you attracted to these forms of writing?

GS: I write science fiction predominantly but readers will find mystery, romance, fantasy and paranormal suspense in my books as well particularly the Caitlin Diggs series beginning with the book Blood Web.

TBM:  As a reader, what elements of a story do you love, or do you hate?
 
 GS: I like to write outside the box so I appreciate stories that leave the reader with something unexpected not the ordinary Hollywood ending. That’s what I really appreciate when I read a book.

TBM:  What inspired you to write Blood Web and what do you hope your readers will take away from this book?

GS: I want readers to see the metaphysical side of life and that things such as crystals can affect us in ways we might consider to be paranormal or fantasy but actually can be attributed to real science. We are all energy beings and we all can be connected like an Internet.

TBM:  How long did it take you to write this book and what did you do the day that you finished it?

GS: It took about six months and I believe I treated myself to a nice dessert, which I kind of do anyways. Lol.

TBM:  What would you like to say to your readers? 

GS: I want to thank those who have supported me with some really great reviews this year and hope those who will discover my writing feel will the same.

TBM:  What makes Blood Web unique and what does the title mean?

GS: The plot of how a biological Internet could come into place is a theory coalescing from the ideas of several 19th century scientists.

TBM:  Lastly, a direct message to the readers, about why they should read Blood Web.

GS: I want to immerse readers in Caitlin Diggs’ world and hope they find the light in Caitlin even when she’s faced with her darkest moments – supernatural killers and crazed military men hell bent on ruling the world! But don’t worry, this FBI agent operates out of the box and she’ll find a way to save us all.